The pile of over ripe bananas on our counter inspired a morning of making banana bread. I enlisted the help of my best sous chef and put her in charge of banana mashing, a job that she takes very seriously. We used the banana bread recipe from one of our favorite cookbooks. The Silver Palate recipe is the best I have ever had and I think our whole family would agree. Bean and I discovered that spreading Nutella on your banana bread makes it extra delicious! Here is the recipe:
3 ripe bananas
1 stick butter, at room temperature
3/4 C. turbinado sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 C. white whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. kosher salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a loaf pan.
2. Mash the bananas in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Add the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla, and stir until the eggs are incorporated.
4. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until everything is combined.
5. Pour batter into a loaf pan, even with spatula, and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Does your family have a favorite thing to bake? What is your favorite recipe?