Friday, October 12, 2012

32) What I Want to Be When I Grow Up and A New Project


Towards the end of my high school career I remember the counselor asking me what I wanted to be when I grew up. It was a legitimate question and part of some college planning conversation, but I was stunned. I don't think anyone had asked me that since I was 6 and my answer would have been something like " either an astronaut or a fashion designer." I must have looked stunned, because she then quickly said " I mean what do you like to do?" to which I replied something like "I like to make stuff. Is that a job?" Many years later I still just like to make stuff and I have been lucky enough to find out that that can actually translate into a job. So with that all in mind, I am starting a new project, a project that has evolved out of my love of making stuff. You can check out my new project on Etsy and see all the stuff I have been having fun creating. A Childhood Store is a work in progress and like all things, will shift and change over time. I am still new to the world of Etsy so any tips, suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated! However, I am so excited to have found a way to unite all the things I am passionate about. Everything in the store is focused on kids, creativity and finding a new life for old things. Many of the items have grown out of projects that first debuted on the blog, which I then spent months testing and refining, before making final versions for the shop. And everything is kid tested (literally, thanks to the Bee, Bean and some of our kid friends) and Mother approved, but to prevent the Kix people from getting mad at me I will work on a new slogan. So please check it out and let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment