Friday, April 27, 2012

23) Sending Off Our Sketchbook

The front and back covers

This is the last weekend with our sketchbook. On Monday we need to send it to The Art House Co-op in Brooklyn, New York where it will become part of their library. Our family has been participating, for the last few months, in the Sketchbook Project. We have been working on our sketchbook since December, and now the time has come to part with it. I have to say, I am a little sad to see it go. However a little excited about the prospect of a road trip to New York to check it out one day. I am very glad we did this project. It really forced me to be creative on my own, in front of my kids. So frequently we do creative things for them, but they have rarely seen me make my own art work, because really who has the time. What I found is that I have the time, granted it comes in five minute increments, but I do have the time. By leaving the sketchbook and materials out in our living space we were all able to work on it whenever we had a moment. So before we send it off, here is a sneak peak at a few of our favorite pages.

The Bean worked on the left side and the Bee and I worked separately on the right

Blind contour drawing of the girls done over dinner

Some paper and string

Post-it note drawing by both girls


1 comment: