Friday, September 7, 2012

70) Broom's Bloom Dairy









A few weeks ago I received an email from a list serve I am on about the Maryland Ice Cream Trail, which I had never heard of before, but the words "ice cream" will always get my attention. The email took me to this link where I read all about the 7 dairy farms in Maryland that make and serve their own ice cream right on the farm. Unfortunately, discovering this in August means that we probably won't get to too many of them this year, although I feel an Ice Cream Tour coming up for next summer. We did however go and check out one of them, Broom's Bloom Dairy which is located in Bel-Air just a few minutes off of 95. When we arrived we found a smallish building with solar panels on the roof sandwiched between a large corn field and a giant field of sunflowers, which we were very excited about. Broom's Bloom has delicious lunch options and a great kid friendly selection. The girls had a grilled cheese sandwich with the best Cheddar cheese I have had in a long time. I had a delicious quiche and we shared some juicy summer cantaloupe with vanilla yogurt for dipping (everything home made.) Of course eating lunch was really just a pre-requisite for eating ice cream. They gave the girls each a little plastic disk to bring back in when they had chosen from the many, many ice cream flavors they have (which change frequently.) The Bee opted for strawberry chip, the bean for oreo cookie and I had the chocolate chip, they were all delicious. One of the nicest parts of eating at Broom's was that we sat outside (although they do have lots of indoor seating too) at a large picnic table on a beautiful covered porch, complete with wooden rockers, next to a large field that the kids played in when they were all done. To say Broom's Bloom is one of our favorite new places is an understatement and we will definitely be back!








10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!สล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today, I was just browsing along and came upon your blog. Just wanted to say good blog and this article helped me a lot, due to which I have found exactly I was looking.บา คา ร่า วอ เลท

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!บา คา ร่า วอ เลท

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today, I was just browsing along and came upon your blog. Just wanted to say good blog and this article helped me a lot, due to which I have found exactly I was looking.สล็อตเว็บใหญ่

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have performed a great job on this article. It’s very precise and highly qualitative. You have even managed to make it readable and easy to read. You have some real writing talent. Thank you so much.สล็อต ฝาก-ถอน true wallet ไม่มี บัญชีธนาคาร

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is an informative post and it is very beneficial and knowledgeable. Therefore, I would like to thank you for the endeavors that you have made in writing this article. All the content is absolutely well-researched. Thanks...สล็อตxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading. Will surely going to share this URL with my friends.เว็บสล็อตเว็บตรง

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic.เกมสล็อต

    ReplyDelete