Monday, March 4, 2013

24) Mango Lassi


In the winter I rarely think to make smoothies, but the other day the Bee asked for one. So I thought we would try a variation on one of my favorites, Mango Lassi. I had never made a Mango Lassi for the girls but they love mango and yogurt so it seemed like it would be a good mix.

We mixed two small containers of plain yogurt, 1 package of frozen mango (although you could use fresh), 1/2 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of honey. We then blended all the ingredients in the blender until smooth. This made 4 large smoothies.
The girls both really liked the Mango Lassi. Since we used frozen mango ours came out very thick and creamy. They ended up eating some of it with spoons because it was too thick to go through the straw. Next time I might defrost the mango a little, although we liked it so much this way, I might not. 
Does anybody else have a favorite smoothie recipe to try?


1 comment:

  1. Ooh I'll hav to try this! I'm on such a smoothie kick lately! Xxx

    ReplyDelete