Thursday, October 20, 2011

42) Plastic Cup Printing



Yesterday we were all about printing circles! Big circles, little circles and everything in between. The Bee and I started this project by collecting a bunch of plastic cups from around our house. Once we had some of varying sizes, she selected five colors of paint and I poured them one at a time onto plastic plates. She then dipped the rim of the cup into the paint and printed all over the paper. The only tip I gave her was that you could print the smaller circles into the bigger circles. She enjoyed printing with the cups and after a while begin to experiment with what would happen if she slid or rolled the cups creating new effects. Later on I showed her the concentric circle paintings of the artist Vassily Kandinsky and she asked me if he used cups too!

7 comments:

  1. Pefectly fun & simple - love it!
    I would love for you to link up at http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties
    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're featuring this awesome idea at Monstrously Creative Saturday! Stop on by and grab a button!
    Mandi at BBM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Mandi!!! I just added the button to my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Melissa! And right back at ya! The Chocolate Muffin Tree is always one of my faves:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Captivating..it generates new idea in mind about plastic cards printing...

    ReplyDelete