Friday, July 6, 2012

25) It's Just a Phase


In my short parenting career my children have gone through many phases. Some good, some bad some just weird, like the Bean's high pitched screaming only at the grocery store phase. However the Bee's current phase has been the hardest for me to handle. Recently she has started to become very shy, very clingy and very nervous about the dark, snakes and anything "scary." I have asked around and some of my other mom friends have assured me that this is just a phase. While I suspect it is probably related to some developmental milestone or realization about other people, I don't know enough about child development to know what exactly triggered it. Does any one else have experience with this phase? Or any suggestions about how to handle it?

1 comment: