Monday, April 1, 2013

160) Packing Peanut and Colored Glue Sculptures


A few weeks ago I received a package in the mail and was kind of surprised when I opened it to find Styrofoam packing peanuts. We get a lot of stuff through the mail and rarely do they use packing peanuts any more. The girls however were delighted to see the packing peanuts. Before they became a crushed mess all over the floor, we decided to use them to make sculptures. I grabbed a piece paper for each of the girls to use as a base for their sculpture. I then went to get some glue and saw our colored glue, leftover from our glue painting, which I thought might be fun for this project too. I then turned the packing peanuts and glue over to the girls. The Bee was mostly interested in building up, the Bean just liked gluing then putting the packing peanuts into the glue. Both of them had a great time playing around and the colorful glue was a great addition to the plain white packing peanuts.



6 comments: