Wednesday, February 22, 2012

39) Hunt for Signs of Spring


While it is technically still February, it feels more like April today. After a morning of playing outside without our coats on, I am definitely thinking Spring. I have lived in Baltimore long enough to know that a March blizzard is always a possibility, but all those little signs of Spring are starting to get me excited! The other day we went on a walk (just around our neighborhood) looking for Spring. At first we just spotted a few snowdrops and then we came upon this whole yard of beautiful purple Croci (is that the plural for crocus, I am not sure but I like it so I am going to leave it.) The inspiration for our Spring walk came from this great book Project Garden: A Month-By Month Guide to Planting, Growing and Enjoying All you Backyard Has To Offer By Stacy Tornio. The book is filled with activities, recipes and info about what is in season every month. It even has a page about the different flowers growing that month with pictures so you can identify them! There are lots of projects in this book I can't wait to try, when Spring really does arrive. In the meantime I am off to start thinking about what we should grow in our garden this year...

1 comment:

  1. Slotv9 ผู้ ให้บริการ เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ ลำดับที่หนึ่ง เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ มาแรง 2022 สล็อตออนไลน์ น่าเล่น เกมใหม่ มาแรง ที่พวกเรา ได้คัดสรร มารวมไว้ ที่เดียวให้ท่าน ได้สัมผัส พีจี

    ReplyDelete