Thursday, April 4, 2013

79) Make Mud Pies





Spring is starting to arrive finally!!! We have been spending a lot more time playing out back which has meant a lot of time in the mud. The girls have been finding any standing water or when the can't find any asking me to fill up the watering can. Then filling all containers with with dirt and water.  Mixing, pouring, stirring and transferring again and again. They could and have been spending a long time out there playing with the mud. They make mud pies, mud soup, have pretend cooking shows and use the bicycle to make mud milkshakes (if you are a visitor of the Waverly Farmers Market you know what I mean.) They are of course filthy by the time they come in so we have also seen an increase in laundry, but it's for a good cause. I think making mud pies is one of those rites of childhood things, I can so clearly remember doing the same thing when I was a kid and loving it.





No comments:

Post a Comment