Monday, March 5, 2012

41) Rub Your Hair With a Balloon

I think one of the best parts of being a parent is getting to re-discover how cool the world really is. There are so many things, that as an adult, I overlook. But my kids, who who are seeing things for the first time are amazed and fascinated and make me stop. Then I think, Oh yes that is really cool. The Bee and Bean recently discovered the old trick of rubbing a balloon on your hair to create static electricity. Their Dad showed them this trick one day and they were so amazed. The Bean thinks it is funny to just rub the balloon against her head, that alone can elicit endless giggles from her. The Bee on the other hand likes to see the hair stand up on end. Until they recently started doing this I had honestly totally forgotten all about this trick. However it really is pretty cool, watching the hair stick straight out! While there are lots of scientific reasons this happens having to do with charges and sub-atomic particles. For today I am happy to just sit back and admire the magic without thinking about the grow-up reasons and theories.

No comments:

Post a Comment