Sunday, February 19, 2012

1) Inspirations: Things to Look At

One of my goals this year is to be an explorer of the world, a lofty goal that I came up with after reading the fabulous book "How To Be An Explorer of The World: Portable Life Museum" By Kerri Smith. As part of this goal I have been trying to be more aware of the things that inspire me and finding more inspiration everywhere. So to help me out with this I am starting a new addition to the list, the Things to Look At: Inspirations category. I am going to attempt to write a post every week about inspirations I have found both in the virtual world of the Internet and the real world. So without further ado here is my first week.

1) Moments Big or Small: Who new fungi could be so inspiring but on a recent walk with the girls around the block we found this fungi growing on an tree stump. We stopped and looked at it for a long time! Who new fungi could be so inspiring and so beautiful.

2) Things to Do: I love these Interactive Mandalas from The Artful Parent. What a great way to work together on a single work of art without loosing individual contributions. Reminds me of the Exquisite Corpse's.

3) Stuff to Make: My Exquisite Corpse thought brought me to this site This Playground and their exquisite corpse blocks. I would love to make these for the girls!

4) Books to Read: Check out these beautiful Exquisite Corpse's from Random House illustrators!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting This Playground, Katie! I love the spirit of your site! m .j.

    ReplyDelete