Thursday, November 29, 2012

21) Crispy Chickpeas

I am totally and completely addicted to these as are my kids. Fortunately in the grand scheme of snacks to be addicted to these are probably a pretty good choice. They are easy to make, quick to prepare and pretty healthy. To make them you need a can of chick peas, I have been using the largest cans possible, you might want to use two cans, they are that good. We started by draining and rinsing the chick peas in a colander, this is a job the Bee likes to do. Once the chick peas were fully drained I gave them a good shake to get all the water off. We then put the chick peas onto a baking sheet and tossed with a little olive oil and a good sprinkle of curry salt. Curry salt is one of those random seasonings I picked up one day at the grocery store but if you don't have curry salt you could just use curry and salt. I have also seen this same recipe with lots of different seasonings, even a cinnamon sugar one which I would like to try. After putting on the seasoning I gave the chick peas a good shake to disperse the seasoning and then placed them in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes. I took them out after about 10 minutes to give them a little shake. After about 20 minutes they are brown and crispy. We let them cool a few minutes before eating. They are a perfect snack for anytime and would probably be a good on the go snack. Both the girls like them, but the Bee and I love them! I would tell you how long they are good for after you make them but ours always get eaten with in a few hours, so I am not sure but I bet they would be okay for a few days in an airtight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment