Saturday, April 7, 2012

8) Inspiration: Blogs

Once upon a time I read most of the books on the New York Time best sellers list, I listened to NPR everyday, I knew most of the artist in the top 40 and when I watched the Oscars I had seen lots of the movies nominated. These days most of the books I read are 20 pages and rhyme, most of the music I listen to is dictated by the small people in the back seat of the car, and as for movies, if it wasn't ever in "the vault" I probably haven't seen it. These days most of my cultural inspiration and reading happens on the internet. Fortunately for me there is lots of  great stuff to read out there. I have been a big blog reader for a long time, I love hearing other people stories, taking a glimpse into others lives and reading so many great ideas. Recently I have come across a bunch of blogs that I have really been loving, they are each inspiring to me for their own reasons. So this week I thought I would share a few of them.

MamaScout I think every mom deserves a merit badge and Mama Scout's "Merit Badge Tales" get me every time, whether I am laughing hysterically or crying, I can always relate to the tales of the other moms.
Mermaids and Moss A fellow Baltimore Mom and Blogger, I recently learned about this blog and have been loving the beautiful photos. Her images of daily life are so inspiring. Especially how she seem to find the beauty in the everyday.
Awesomely Awake After a long day when kids have been grumpy, whiny or I have been tired, sick or in a bad mood, I sometimes need a little reminder to just breathe. This site has been just the reminder I need.
Pink and Green Mama So many ideas, It is hard to know where to begin! I love all the craft, creative kids stuff here.
Plenty of Color Because I am always inspired by color and this site is all about color inspiration

For more of my favorite blogs check out this list. Do you have a favorite inspiring blog? I am always on the lookout for more great blogs so if you have a good one to share leave in the comments or on Facebook so everyone can enjoy!







2 comments:

  1. Thank you for including me on your list! Glad you like my photographs, because I sure do take lots of them. I'm really enjoying your blog, too. You're so inspiring... and I'm amazed by your energy to be so crafty and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link here! My heart just swells when I read comments like this as that is the purpose of my site -- the center of my being. xoxo. : )

    ReplyDelete