Monday, October 29, 2012

68) 25 Things For Kids To Do When Stuck Indoors


Like most everybody on the east coast we are preparing for hurricane Sandy, which means we are stocking up on batteries, waters and snacks. It also means I am preparing for the potential of a week home with both girls and no electricity. So here is a list of some activities we have done before that I am thinking we might revisit this week. Do you have any fun indoor activities for kids?

Shoe Matching Game
Play With a Box
Play With Waterbeads
Painters Tape Hopscotch
Bean Bag Games
Make a Cardboard Computer
Cave Drawing
Pipe Cleaner and Colander Sculptures
Walk the Line
Floor Puzzles
Play People Riddles
Shaving Cream Car Wash
Paint with Water
Post-it Note Art Gallery
Color Relay
Clean Penny Experiment
Form a Square Game
Play Dress-Up
Dance
Glue Painting
Make Plastic Straw Necklaces
Cloud Dough
Plastic Cup Printing
Apple Printing
Plastic Baggie Art

7 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful list - thanks for all the great ideas. I found you through Tinkerlab and can't wait to check out more of your blog!

    Here's my rainy day list - is it okay if I link to yours?
    http://www.survivingourblessings.com/2012/09/rainy-day-survival-guide.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abbey! I am so glad you found me! I can't wait to check out your rainy day list and would be happy to have it linked to mine. Thanks for asking:)

      Delete
  2. This is a great list. I would have never thought to play the matching game with shoes or setting up painter tap hopscotch. Lots of fun to be had with this list. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie! I hope you have some fune with it and if you try anything from the list send me a photo!

      Delete
  3. Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular post! It is the little changes that produce the most significant changes. Thanks a lot for sharing! ice cream abbotsford

    ReplyDelete