Monday, August 8, 2011

1) Play in the playroom

When we moved into our house a year and a half ago this converted back porch quickly became our main play space. We use this room for everything! art projects, dress up, toys, and much much more. So much happens in this room that I thought it would be neat to document 24 hours in the space. After my nightly clean up I took a photo of the room. The next morning I took a photo of the space almost every hour. After looking at all the photos together I loved seeing the ebb and flow of the room. Watching how the room gets used, where the girls play and the constant battle between things out and things away. Where do you play? How often do you clean-up? Do your kids help with the clean-up?







4 comments:

  1. I love your idea behind the photos and your post inspired my post - if you get a chance come and have a look
    http://pretendandmove.blogspot.com/2011/09/power-of-paying-playing-space.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat progression of play!! Shows the reality of kids needing a messy space to play and it can easily be put back to neatness at the end of the day. Thanks for participating in the Best of 2011 Blog Party. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Rocks! I would love to see what our playroom looks like through a typical day.

    Stopping by from the Best of 2011 Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw you at the Imagination Tree. Thanks for sharing your photos, and being real about what goes on during the day. I love it!

    ReplyDelete