Thursday, May 9, 2013

25) Cold Brewed Iced Coffee (For Mother's Day)


I usually write about kid related stuff here but today in honor of all you mama's out there, I am sharing one of my all time favorite recipes for Mom's only (maybe a few spouses if you are feeling like sharing.) A few years ago my friend Debbie told me all about the awesomeness of cold brewed coffee. At the time I was swamped with work and kids and too overwhelmed to even give it a try. Finally the school year ended,  summer came and I had the time to give it a try. It was so unbelievably good, I turned right around and told everyone I knew about the awesomeness of cold brewed coffee. While I am generally a fan of any coffee and really any iced coffee, this iced coffee is different. It is smooth, rich and creamy, even if you don't add anything to it. Not only that but it is really easy to make.

- Mix 1 1/3 cups of ground coffee (any kind) to 4 cups of water and let sit for 12-24 hours.
- Drain coffee grinds and pour remaining coffee into a pitcher to store in the fridge for up to a week.

I usually mix my ground coffee and water into a pitcher, and let them sit for 12-24 hours in the fridge or on the counter. I then drain the grinds with a mesh strainer but any small strainer would work. I then pour the coffee back into the pitcher and keep it in the fridge. I have read that the coffee is good in the fridge for up to a week but it has never made it that long in my house. In the hot summer months we usually make a pitcher every other day.

So to all the Mom's I wish you the happiest of Mother's days and hope that you enjoy a few minutes to sit and sip!




No comments:

Post a Comment