Thursday, August 23, 2012

129) Dream Catcher


 A few weeks ago I wrote about a scared of the dark phase the Bee has been going through. I got a lot of good suggestions of things to try from that post but the one that has worked the most is our dream catcher. I just have to say this is one of the reasons why I love writing this blog! I never would have thought of a dream catcher but it has worked so well and I am very thankful for the suggestion.


To make our dream catcher we started with a wooden circle. I think the circle was actaully a wreath base that we bought at some point from the craft supply store but we have had at our house for a while. I then turned it over to the Bee to paint. She choose some dark blue and purple acrylic paints. After she had painted both sides and let them dry I used a cotton string to make the web. Again, thanks to the world of blogs (and Tinkerlab, who has a great post about making dream catchers), making the web was very easy with this tutorial. After the web was done we tied another string to the top to hang it from the ceiling above the foot of her bed. She seems to really like the idea that it is there to catch the bad dreams and that only the good dreams are able to pass through the hole in the center. She told me the other day that it makes her feel better when she wakes up in the middle of the night, for which I am very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment